A growing trend in versatile, beautiful flooring solutions that can also last a lifetime is the use of polished concrete. To attain such visual aesthetics, contractors first look at the concrete itself.
There’s a time-honored adage about concrete, whether processed or not, that it is consistently inconsistent. Every single pour will be different from the next, with variations in color, cracking and overall flatness. However, the general goal is for the floor’s flatness to be as even as possible while pouring a new slab, as well as preparing the surface of an existing slab for finishing.
This being said, when pouring a new concrete floor, it’s a good idea to look at a polished finish as part of a total flooring system that includes 1) a concrete mix design, 2) curing, 3) a finishing method and 4) the actual polishing process. A concrete slab that’s poured with the polishing process in mind will greatly enhance the end result.
Working with existing concrete slabs, results are determined by the quality of the existing concrete. Color variations contaminate, cracks, patterns left by the previous floor covering, stains, nail holes, patched areas, and flatness all affect the newly polished appearance.
Terrazzo offers many benefits to commercial and residential buildings. Consisting of marble chips and/or other decorative aggregates joined in either a cementitious or epoxy binder, terrazzo is a versatile flooring system. Today, terrazzo has seen a surge in popularity among architects and designers, and as a result, terrazzo is becoming a staple in many
construction projects around the world. This is because terrazzo features characteristics that aid in the form and function of a building. These features include:
• Unlimited Design
• Low Maintenance and Low Costs
• Bacteria Resistance
• Slip Resistance
Epoxy floors offer a reliable and durable surface for commercial and industrial flooring. Epoxy floor coatings are normally applied over concrete floors to provide high performance, smooth and durable surface that can last many years or withstand heavy loads. Many industrial buildings, warehouses, and commercial buildings require to have epoxy floors as they need to maintain the floors in perfect conditions, and the only way or easiest way is by having epoxy floors.
The following can be considered the most important advantages:
• Epoxy coatings will create a shiny high gloss surface. The brightness of an area with epoxy floor can be increased by 200%
• It offers a hard wearing durable surface able to withstand heavy and continuous traffic.
• Epoxy floors are really fast and easy to install.
• Durable and easy to clean
• Ideal for warehouses and industrial applications, and sometimes no paint is required over the epoxy finishing.
• Resists oil stains, beads water, and wipes super clean and will create a seamless surface
• Epoxy floor, when applied properly can last several years.
• Can be combined with paints and colors to mask off chips and cracks
• Provide a chemically resistant surface ideal for manufacturing plants
• Epoxy floors offer enhanced safety by creating an anti-slip surface, heat, and fire resistant solution to concrete floors.
• Different patterns can be combined to create driveways and/or identify walkable areas.
• Prevent wear and tear on the existing concrete floor.
• Epoxy floors are considered environmentally friendly solutions.
• Some of the products used can also be combined with self-leveling products that can be applied over new or old concrete.
• Require little or no major maintenance.
Get in Touch
If you’ve got questions or ideas you would like to share, send a message. For anything more specific, please use one of the addresses listed below.
Let's Talk About Your Project
After we get some information from you, we’ll set up a time to discuss your project in further detail.